Friday, April 26, 2013

7 Quick Takes April 26 2013

--- 1 ---

Shameless self promotion QT #1:  I finally updated the homeschooling conference list on my website, so if you are looking for a conference in your area, be sure to check it out here.  Also, be sure to check out the helpful ideas on how to make your conference trip a success.  You can check that page out here.
 
--- 2 ---

Shameless self promotion QT #2:  Did you know that Mother's Day is right around the corner?  I know in certain parts of the country it just doesn't feel like it because the temperature is telling you it should be Christmas, but it really is only a few weeks away.  And what, pray tell, are you getting that special mom in your life?  No ideas?  How 'bout some great smelling, wonderful for your skin, all natural soap?  Sounds good, doesn't it?  You can check it out here!

--- 3 ---

Now that we have that out of the way, we can move on to other things.  Like cooking and baking with boys.  Well, maybe not all boys, but my boy - Mr 12 yo - Mr Meticulous - Mr It Must Be Perfect.  We spent Thursday afternoon in the kitchen doing some baking for the grandparents and he picked a pineapple upside down cake.  Turned out excellent, but it took FOREVER to make.  After the first one, even he must have realized how long it took because he looked at me and said, "We have to do this again???"  Needles to say, I took over the next one.

--- 4 ---

See, this is what I mean by meticulous.  Doesn't he look intense?  It's because he was making sure that every speck of batter was off of the beater and in the pan.  


Or maybe not quite every speck, because I do believe a bit of it made it into his mouth.


It was at this point that he asked me why I was taking pictures of him.  Good thing he doesn't read my blog :)
 
--- 5 ---

I've mentioned before about our crazy driving schedule.  Here's an example from Thursday:

Daughter 1 takes van to work and back
Mom takes small car to Mass and back
Mom takes small car with daughter 3 to dance/theater classes and comes home
Mom picks up daughter 2 and takes her to work and comes home
Daughter 1 takes small car to big city (not THE big city, but another one closer to us) to drop something off and comes home.
Daughter 1 takes small car again to big city for the evening
Mom takes van to pick up daughter 2 from work and comes home
Daughter 1 gets daughter 3 from her ride to the big city and they both come home.

No wonder I'm losing my mind.  I'm confused just typing that up.  Every morning I stare at my calendar and run through the scenario just to make sure I have all my bases covered and no one gets left behind somewhere!  And then, the icing on this cake is that gas prices are currently at $4.15 in our area!!!

--- 6 ---

This weekend our church is having a ground blessing ceremony for the pro-life shrine they are going to build in honor of St. Gianna Molla.  Very exciting indeed!  We'll have the blessing, a luncheon (of course!) and a short film on St. Gianna's life.  And to top it off...it might even be warm out !!!!!!

--- 7 ---

I'm so glad that Jen is hosting again and that her baby and her family are finally all together.  Praise God!  Have a great weekend and go on over to check out more Quick Takes.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

God Bless!