Friday, May 24, 2013

7 Quick Takes May 24 2013

--- 1 ---
Who here is excited?  I am because in one week we finish school!  Yippee, yahoo!  I don't know who is more excited, me or the kids.  It might be a tie.  Although, I do have to say that we've been winding down the subjects for a few weeks now and I've already heard some comments along the lines of, "I'm bored" and "There's nothing to do".  I haven't even had time to sit in the sun yet and they're already complaining?? Ugh.  I keep threatening with cleaning projects and then they change their tune.
 
--- 2 ---

I've been back to exercising lately.  My newest routine that kills me challenges me is "Turbo Fire".  I'm sorry, my body just can't move that fast anymore.  To save myself and my poor limbs, I'm mixing it up with the strength training routines from P90X.  Next week the girls are joining in and we're doing the extreme five day Turbo Fire and lean eating program that they have.  We'll see how long it is before we start eating the furniture.
 
--- 3 ---

 It's Memorial Day weekend so that means rain and cold for most of the weekend.  Of course it looks beautiful after Monday.  It's like Mother's Day all over again.  We're headed up farther north for vacation this summer and I'm just hoping there's still not ice on the lake! 

--- 4 ---

It's that time of the year again to start planning for the fall school year.  I'd just like to remind you of two resources which could be of great help to you in that endeavor:


and 

 
--- 5 ---

I'd also just like to mention one last time that my friend Simonetta and her four lovely daughters have just one more week to raise the last of their necessary funds for their sacred music album.  If you would like to support something like that, please consider checking out their Kickstarter page here.

I just checked and they don't have that much more to go to get to their goal, so hurry over there and put them over the top!!!
 
--- 6 ---

In keeping with our fitness theme around here, we have been experimenting with taking body fat measurements.  Have you ever had that done???  IT HURTS - all I keep hearing from the other room is "OW!!" and "That hurts!"  Not to mention that it is not fun to find out just how much fat you have on your body.   The things we do for our loved ones :)

--- 7 ---

We have a busy first half of the weekend and a lazy second half.  Kind of a nice mix.  We're going to our first wedding and Tridentine Mass combo this weekend.  It will be in a beautiful church so I can't wait.  Reception in the evening means dancing!  Yippee!  Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

God Bless!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!