Monday, May 5, 2014

50 Years Strong

This past weekend we celebrated my parent's 50th wedding anniversary.  It was a beautiful day that started with Mass and then ended with a nice luncheon with family and friends.  How great it was to see family that we usually only see a few times a year (if we're lucky).  Being able to celebrate this milestone with my parents was also a huge blessing.  


(I remember when my grandparents celebrated their 50th.  They seemed sooo much older than my parents.  Just sayin'.)

Everyone has always said that my dad looked like Buddy Holly when he (my dad) was younger.  Here's Buddy:


And here's my dad.  He brought out those big, black glasses just for the occasion.  Quite the character, he is. (Just realized I reverted to Yoda speak :))  As my mom said, this is what Buddy Holly would have looked like if he had lived.  Spot on, mom.

You know, if it wasn't for these two people, I wouldn't have the life I have today (I've been wanting to say!!).  No, really, I am truly blessed to have these two people for my parents.  I am grateful that they've stayed married, through all the ups and downs, for lo the past 50 years.  I pray that they will have many more happy, healthy years together.  If you wouldn't mind joining me in a quick prayer for them, I'd be very grateful; and I'm sure they would be, too.

God Bless!