Friday, February 12, 2010

NaNoCompMo...and the revolving door

Yesterday was one of those revolving door days. I'm sure you've had them...I got up and then left by 8:15 for six hours, came home for one hour, left for another two hours, came home for hours and left for another two hours, came home and went to bed.

Upon further reflection, I noticed a few things:

~ I found myself complaining a lot yesterday; especially right before my last outing at night, when it was cold, and I was tired and it meant spending the next two hours at the grocery stores...but there I go again:)

Fortunately NaNoCompMo would pop into my head and at least I would apologize for complaining afterwords. I guess better late than never.

~ I also noticed that once you get going, it is very easy to find things to complain about all day and that it takes a good, strong movement of the will to stop.

~ Because of my day, I didn't make it to Mass and I didn't have time to do my mid-day prayers. I could have used the grace from those two events and if I had been able to follow through with them, I think I wouldn't have fallen into the complaining mode quite so easily.

Unfortunately, I have a few more of those revolving door days to get through soon. Hopefully I'll do a better job of catching myself BEFORE the words come out.

Have a beautiful day full of no complaints!

"If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it."
Anthony J. D'Angelo

"Don't complain because you don't have.
Enjoy what you've got."
H. Stanley Judd

"If you don't like something change it.
If you can't change it, change your attitude.
Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Quotes courtesy of this site.