Joining in with the ladies at Sucipio!
Moments of Gratitude:
* A good homeschooling conference
* Finally getting a handle on the IEW program. Looking forward to doing it this year.
* A chance to sit and chat with a family we don't usually get to spend a lot of time chatting with.
* Time spent with friends that I don't see near enough. They're homeschooling again so maybe that will help :)
* Sunny, cool weather - makes it feel like fall.
The Week Ahead:
This coming week is essentially full of Catholic Kids' Camp. The camp is run by two very talented sisters and a whole host of volunteers. The kids go from 9 - 1 and this year I have two that are participating, three that are helping and I get to take pictures. It is always a fun time for everyone, albeit very tiring.
In the Kitchen:
Some friends gave us some zucchini two weeks ago and I just now got around to doing something with it. I made two zucchini breads that we ate for breakfast, and a chocolate zucchini cake, 2/3 of which I'm giving to a family that just had a baby and the rest that we get to split amongst ourselves. We love this zucchini cake! The rest of the week is nowhere near as exciting as that as far as food is concerned.
I finally finished "When the Well Runs Dry" and one of my favorite paragraphs was right at the end:
"Peace, as Augustine has said, is not the absence of activity or effort, but the tranquility of order. Where there is order there is peace, even in the midst of strenuous activity. Where there is one will - God's Will - there is order. It is only where there are two wills - God's and mine - that tension and disorder prevail."Wow. That is a lot to ponder and keep in the forefront of your mind. God's will alone should direct my life. The dark night is what purifies us of our own will and if we can float through it, we will arrive at this place.
* For a car for our daughter so that we can all get to where we need to be this fall. Good, reliable car, low cost - that's the prayer.
* For direction in a number of areas in our lives.
* For us to desire only God's Will and not our own.
* For a potential new photography project.
At the conference, I picked up Ginny Seuffert's new book "It Doesn't Have to be This Way!". I love to listen to Ginny so I'm sure her book is bound to be good. It's a short read so I'm looking forward to diving in.
After that I fully intend to start St. Francis De Sales' "Introduction to the Devout Life".
A picture of our last 10 year old Tea Party. Fun was had by all!