Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Power of Prayer...

Although, in this particular post I'm thinking of OTHER PEOPLES' prayers and not just my own.

I was hanging up some Christmas cards yesterday when it kind of hit me how much I depend on the prayers of other people. Over the years, when people have asked me how I do what I do (and I think everyone with a large family has been asked that before), I always say "prayers". While I know how important my own prayer life is, I have come to realize that it is the prayers of other people that really keep me going.

I love when people send us Mass cards, especially at Christmas. That, in my opinion, is the best kind of present to get. I love getting cards from different religious groups or ministries that say that they'll be praying for me and my family. I am blessed to have many friends who pray for me and who are ready to kick it into "overdrive" whenever I need them to.

That is how I keep going. That is how I keep my own prayer life alive. It is the prayer of so many others that keeps me on track or gives me the push I need to get back on track if I've lost my way.

If you need help in your life, my suggestion is to find people to pray for you. Call your church, ask your friends, call a local monastery or religious group and ask them to pray for you. Don't be too proud to do this! In all humility, ask for prayers and you'll be amazed at how you'll feel the grace flow.

During the remainder of this Advent season, be assured of my prayers for you. Please pray for me in return :)