Monday, May 3, 2010

May Wanderings and Musings...

Welcome to May, the month dedicated to Our Blessed Mother. Here she is standing in her new spot in front of one of our big evergreen trees. It is so nice to have trees again! At our old house we had about four trees on five acres. Here we have a nice smattering of trees.

We have a bunch of fruit trees: some apples, pears and a cherry tree. We, of course, know nothing about fruit trees and haven't had time to really research them, so unfortunately this year will have to be a "let's see what we're lucky enough to get" year. We were told that once the apples grow, we can watch the neighborhood deer stand on their hind legs and eat them. Too bad they don't do it during hunting season!

I also found some grape vines growing.

Again, I know nothing about growing grapes. Maybe a little holy water on all of these will insure some good growth :) I guess I figure that anything we get will be a blessing. I just wish someone in this house had a passion for growing things :)

Our entire house is surrounded by those lovely round, white rocks. Not necessarily conducive to growing pretty flowers or anything like that. Today, however, I found this sprouting up in the midst of the sea of rocks:

I do believe that it is a rose bush. Don't know much about growing roses (can you tell that I don't have thumbs that even approach a shade of green?) so I'll just pray for a pretty rose or two.

Now these I added today to help spruce the place up.

I love hydrangeas and hope to be able to keep these alive for a long time to come. At least they don't seem too hard to grow.

And now for something completely different:
Of the three items shown here, which one do you think I like to drive the most. I'll give you a clue - it isn't the big blue boat, nor is it the too-low green one. Yes...it's the bright orange, zero turn lawn mower. I've been waiting a long time to get back on the lawn mower. I'm so glad that we found a house with a lot of grass to cut (although there are other members of my household that definitely disagree with me :) I enjoy being out in the sunshine, soaking up my vitamin D for the day, just thinking and praying and pondering...can't hear a thing and no one can bother me. I get the part of the property around the house, so it's kind of like an obstacle course...much more challenging than the open parts of the yard!

So, welcome to May and my post of random thoughts and pictures. I love this time of year. I love being able to look around at all that is blooming and growing and appreciate the beauty of God's creation.
Hope you are enjoying your May, too.