Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Touch of Fall

Now that Fall is officially here, some of us thought it might be nice to add that fall touch to the house.  Last week I had won a very cool basket full of kitchen goodies.  We were all so excited to see new measuring spoons (you can actually read the size markings on them :) and cups, the fall colored towels and wash cloths, the new wooden spoons and a great fall cook book.  

The basket that it all came in is very cute, but I didn't quite know what to do with it.  Since it had a pretty, fall placemat lining it, we got inspired and decided to put some fall-like decorations in it and put it on the hall tree in our entry hall (right next to the ugly white board, you know, to kind of dress it up :)


Our plan is to change the contents of the basket to match the seasons of both the year and the church.  For now, our fall items will grace the entry way until it is time for Advent.

We then moved over to the kitchen table, which is another area we like to decorate.  Since we have been blessed with a relic of St. Therese and her feast day is next Saturday, we decided to give her this place of honor until then.  After that, maybe a Marian statue with a rosary will take her place.
 

Fall is one of my more favorite seasons.  I like the coolness that enters the air and I love to watch the trees change color.  Hopefully we will have a very colorful one this year.  While I don't mind the evenings getting shorter, I don't enjoy the mornings being so dark!  I hope that you are enjoying this change in season, too.