Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Horror of it All

I knew it would happen...kids go off to college and they change.  Sometimes for the good, but many times it is for the worse.  I found out about it yesterday and it really put a damper on my evening.  Sometimes I wish that we didn't have technology that allowed us to see so much of what is going on in other people's lives.

You see, it seems that yesterday Ms 18 yo forgot about a project that was due in one of her classes.  It isn't that that upset me, however.  What got me upset was the fact that when I asked if she had written down the assignment in her planner, she said....NO!  "No," I asked her?  "Why not?"  "Because I forgot to" was her response.  

This child cannot be "flesh of my flesh".  We live by planners and calendars in this family.  She spent 18 years in the same house with a mother who writes down everything in a planner or on a calendar.  I make lists and then lists for my lists of things to do and she, after only 5 months of being away, has forgotten how to use a planner.  

And so it begins, the movement away from all that she knew; all that was good...to what?????  I shudder to think of what is next!

5 comments:

  1. Gee thanks. I never wrote down things before either, because I never had to! I could just go and ask you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems a bit over the edge don't you think? But I do agree that planners that are actually used are very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All in jest, Mr. Groucho, all in jest. Thus the tag "humor".

    P.S. You sound a lot like one of my usual Anon commenters - new name or different person?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Turns out I know Mr. Groucho quite well. Thanks for the support dear :)

    ReplyDelete