Friday, February 17, 2012

7 Quick Takes February 17, 2012


--- 1 ---

This past week Mr 6 yo and I were reading the Bible story about Cain and Abel.  I was telling him how God, after Cain killed his brother, cursed Cain and told him he would have to wander the earth.  At that point Mr 6 yo piped in, "You know, I'd really like to travel the earth."  My response to him was, "Not if you were cursed!"  He didn't disagree.

--- 2 ---

I'm sitting here typing this up while my Lenten meal plan is scattered about me.  We are going to attempt "clean eating" for Lent.  I think the biggest thing for us will be giving up cheese.  Cheese is pretty much a staple with almost every meal.  You don't like eggs, slap some cheese on it.  Don't like your ham sandwich, put a slice of cheese on there.  Those noodles gettin' ya down, put some cheese on em!  See what I mean?  It might be harder than giving up chocolate! (okay, not really!)

--- 3 ---

If you didn't see it earlier this week, check out this post here to enter the first ever Catholic Bloggers Network Giveaway.  You can enter to win a whole bunch of really nice stuff!  I think you should go now and enter your name and then come right back to finish the Quick Takes.  It's okay, I'll wait. :)


--- 4 ---


Thanks for coming back!  Aren't there some really nice things to win?  

So what else have we done this week, you wonder?  Well, we finished watching the second season of Downton Abbey the other night!  If you haven't seen the finale...it is a good one!  The thought of having to wait until September is agonizing.  I hate it when we finish a series; I always go through withdrawal.

--- 5 ---


I'd like to ask that you please say a prayer for me and my two oldest daughters.  We will be attending the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius this weekend, which is a silent retreat preached by the priests of Miles Christi.  This is Ms 19 yo's second retreat and Ms 17yo's first retreat.  While in one sense it is a very peaceful retreat, on the other hand it can be quite rigorous.  I'm never quite sure what the Lord is going to want to work on while I'm there.  Any prayers would be greatly appreciated.

--- 6 ---

We're kicking it into gear now with practices for "The Seven Last Words of Christ".  While I'll be meditating in front of Our Lord in peace and quiet, my husband will be spending the day on Saturday with everyone else going to practice, then costume fittings then going home in time to feed everyone dinner.  They will be exhausted; I will not be thinking about it :)

--- 7 ---

Ash Wednesday is next week.  It is so hard to believe.  We're in a paczki crisis as our usual source is not coming through this year so we will have to go out in search of them on our own.  My hubby suggested just skipping them, but we all agreed that is out of the question.  At least I have a few days to figure this out.  Have a great weekend!



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

4 comments:

  1. May your experience at the the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius this weekend be wonderful. I'll say a prayer for you (and dream of far future days for my family when silence will be possible again!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about the Catholic giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martianne, Thank you so much praying for me. It was a very good retreat!

    You're Welcome, ModestMama

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually saw Paczkis at Kroger this week! (Not sure where you are but that's the local grocery store for me in Ohio.) I had never heard of them until about two weeks ago, and then I stumbled across them at the store. Next year I want to try making them!

    ReplyDelete