Friday, July 10, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol 30

1.

Earlier in the week I participated in a webinar hosted by Homeschool Connections. The presenter started with a quote that she had heard from her pastor the previous weekend. I really liked it and thought I'd share it with all of you:

"Are you settling for survival or actively seeking an abundant life?"
Stop and think about that one for awhile!

2.

This is the one week of the year that I REALLY appreciate all of the things that my older girls do for me. The oldest four are away at camp this week, so I've been working my fingers to the bone! I'll have to remember to give them an extra big hug and kiss when we see them again this weekend. What I want to know is how I did it when all I had were three younger kids????

3.

Another thank you goes to my sister-in-law and my parents. Ms 6 yo is on a three day sleepover with her best friend/cousin and Mr 8 yo and Mr 4 yo had a one night sleepover and fishing trip with Grandpa. Of course, that left me here all day Thursday by myself and boy did I have plans!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, I didn't get to the major project I had been looking forward to. Instead, I spent about 4 hours trying to catch up on and figure out the problems with my checkbook! I have to come up with a better system.

4.

What I really wanted to work on was my workshop - A Plan for Joy in the Home. I would like to get it into another format so that I can reach more people with it. I think it works great as a workshop, but since I can't be in a lot of places and it gets expensive to do that, I figure there has to be another format that would work. I'm currently considering an ebook with workbook pages, a DVD with workbook pages and/or a webinar. Not sure which one will happen, if any, since I have limited experience with all those formats. Any suggestions????

5.

I've discovered another difference between girls and boys. Here is the scenario: I pull the car up to the mailbox, put the window down and grab the mail. As I'm flipping through it, a big, black, hairy spider jumps out and starts attacking me. I frantically try swatting it away, then remember to put the car in park. As I jump out screaming, I lose sight of it and have to cautiously get back in, hurry down the driveway, park the car and leave the window open so that it can hopfully escape. This has happened to me twice so far. The first time Ms 13 yo was with me and she was screaming just as loud as I was. Wednesday, Mr 8 yo was with me and all he did was laugh and tell me how funny I looked. BOYS!

6.

Am I the only one who isn't motivated to cook dinner when the whole family isn't home?? I have an especially hard time cooking when I know my husband is the one who will be missing. It's a good thing we don't live close to anything convenient!

7.

In this post I showed you a potential Christmas card picture. Here is the one that came right before it:

Can you tell which person in this picture has an attitude??? Why do they always do that when you really want to take a nice picture?


3 comments:

  1. Laura I think you should use THAT one for the Christmas picture. It is priceless!!!! We have a lot of family pics like that with my youngest brother, too. I vote for scrambled eggs or pancakes when Dad isn't coming home. Quesadillas are easy, too. God bless, Dolores H Use the picture!!! So cute! Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Jennifer's. That spider story had me laughing. I have one boy and one girl, and, yes, there's definitely a difference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have pretty funny and interesting stories, I enjoyed reading. I agree with the "anonymous" post above. You should use that picture for your Xmas cards. It is priceless... :-)

    ReplyDelete