Saturday, July 25, 2009

Things That Bring Peace Part II

I didn't intend on giving this post this title, but it seems like it will serve the purpose well.

I came back from retreat this past week and I did so with much peace. Sorry to be repetitive, but if you've never gone on a silent retreat, especially the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, I would highly recommend doing so.

My retreat was very peaceful and fruitful. I'm hoping that many of the resolutions I made will bring about even more peace and fruitfulness.

One of the resolutions I made, at the advice of the retreat master during spiritual direction, was to go on a sabatical with my blog. So, as of this post, I will be totally off blogging (both reading and writing) until the 1st of September. At that point, I will reevaluate the situation and see if the things I needed to work on have improved and take a look at how I still feel about the whole blogging thing.

Don't get me wrong, here. This was a very big struggle for me, but I am now very much at peace with the decision. At the same time, I'm certainly not claiming to be some saint because I am doing this :) This blog has been both a good thing and a bad thing. My hope is to improve on the bad and be able to get back to it in some capacity, the good Lord willing, some time in the future. Until then, pray for me as I will pray for all of you.

Since I am turning the comments off, if you, for some reason, feel the need to get in touch with me, you can contact me through my website. Thank you for being such great readers and commenters. Hopefully we shall "meet" again!