Friday, March 25, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday


1.

Happy Feast of the Annunciation.  Not only is this a big day in the Church (it must be big, we get a Lenten reprieve to celebrate it :), it is a big day in our Domestic Church!  Every year on this day we do two important things:

a.  We renew our consecration to Mary through the method of St. Louis de Montfort.  We've been doing this for years and it is something we look forward to every Lent.

b.  We pick a new name for the unborn baby that we will be praying for each night at dinner.  We are up to the letter I for the coming year so that means that we each get to pick a name starting with the letter I and then every night at dinner we say the following prayer:  

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you very much.  I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby, which I have spiritually adopted, who is in danger of abortion. Amen.

Simple, yet powerful!

2.

This year we will get to renew our consecration at the Miles Christi Evening of Recollection along with other friends who have also been preparing for this.  I think it will prove to be a very moving event.  Renewing our consecration after a beautiful Mass and two hours of talks and adoration.  Wow!


3.


Yesterday we ran to Redbox to rent "The Tourist".  My husband and I had seen it in the theater but we were anxious to watch it again and see if we could follow certain things better.  Overall we thought it was a very good movie, although I am quite partial to Johnny Depp, so I might be a bit biased.
4.


Speaking of Johnny Depp...Just under 2 months until "Pirates of the Caribbean IV" comes out.  Can't wait to see it!  Even if the movie isn't that great, I'll  LOVE listening to the music!


5.


On a more serious note, God seems to be trying to tell me that I need to trust in Him completely and try my darnedest to do His Will!  Everywhere I've turned lately I've run into those two messages.  To that end, I've just ordered the book "God's Smuggler" by Brother Andrew on the recommendation of Jennifer at Conversion Diary.  I am SOOO looking forward to getting my hands on this book.  I'll let you know what I think after I devour it!

6.


I was reading the Gospel account of the miracle of the loaves and fishes last week and was picturing how different the scene would be if it were to have taken place in modern-day America.  Can you see 5,000 Americans being content to sit in groups of 50-100 and wait to be served dried fish and bread from baskets?  I'm having a hard time imagining that.


7.

If you're looking for inspiring stories about how people's health and lives have improved dramatically by taking Reliv, check out my other blog Ready, Set...Reliv!  Hope you are inspired, too!