Friday, November 15, 2013

7 Quick Takes November 15 2013


Well, I've never done a Quick Takes this late in the day, so here goes.  I've got 10 minutes to get it done before I need to flip some bean quesadillas, get everyone in the car, drive to pick up the boys and run over to our Miles Christi Evening of Recollection where I will actually get to stay put in one place without having to drive for 3 whole hours!  I cannot wait!

I always like to promote things that people I know have done (or even cool things from people I don't know) so here is a link to the new gluten free holiday cookbook that friends of ours put together.  They did another one a few months ago but this one has some great holiday ideas for those of you who are gluten free.  Speaking of free, the book is FREE right now for Kindle so go grab your copy asap. 
I've always wanted to take a picture like this...and now I have.


Usually there's too much going on and I forget, but this was on her actual birthday and half the family was away at play practice so things were a tad slower and calmer than normal.  Yeah!



For those of you following along, here's the newest installment of Hope's Cafe.
For those of you not following along...you should be.
 
The boys needed scarves for one of their costume pieces so I finally took the plunge and dug through and organized our bin of winter stuff.  Oh my.  We can easily clothe about 20 people with scarves, hats and gloves.  Time to donate!  Also, can someone tell me why I found at least 7 gloves that had no partner?  How does that happen?  Do they run away with the socks?

We were in Wal-Mart today and upon exiting were greeted by the Salvation Army guy.  Really?  Is this earlier than last year?  It is November 15th and he wished me a Merry Christmas.  I was too stunned to respond.  Can we get through Thanksgiving first?

We are mostly home on Saturday, which is so cool and Sunday brings us with a lot of driving, but some fun intermixed in there, so it's good.  Hope you have a blessed and relaxing weekend.

God Bless!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!