Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Brain Fog and All Hallow's Eve

Too much to do, too little time and a brain that won't cooperate.  That, my friends, has been my life as of late.  The worst part of it all is the brain that won't cooperate.  I just can't seem to get it to work.  I can get through the morning school work, but when the older kids come to me after lunch with their harder questions, man does that throw me into a fog.  After that...nothin'.  

So today I decided to try to force myself to focus on some tasks that needed to be done.  I made some phone calls, ordered some pictures and then when my dh called to tell me he was on his way home, I remembered that I had forgotten to start the soup for dinner.  Ugh. Now the soup is underway and I came back here to post some pictures from our All Hallow's Eve party last week.  I know I'm kind of late to the party, but I hope you'll still enjoy them.

This whole event is the idea of one of our priests.  He and some very faithful volunteers organize the entire three hour event that consists of a carved pumpkin patch for trick-or-treating, a maze of some sort (this year was through Purgatory), skits, a game show, some kids games and a procession all ending in Holy Mass.

We were a bit more invested in it this year.  For example, Mr 13 yo was an angel that participated in all four skits and then handed out candy to people entering Heaven and to contestants in the game show.  Here he is sporting his wings and halo.
 


His first halo was a silver one suspended above a headband.  We quickly convinced Father that you just don't stick headbands on teenage boys.  Luckily he gave in easily.

Here he is intent on his duties.  What a good little angel :)

I had the opportunity to put all of those hours of sitting at dress rehearsals to good use by directing a short skit.  Our skit was about St. Faustina.  The kids did a great job (no thanks to me, of course, just their natural talent!).  
 

Gotta love my creativity, don't you?  I had Mr 13 yo make those wheels so we could have an authentic looking wheel chair.  Oh well, low budget productions, you know.


At the end of each skit the saint would lead the people in the skit before the Blessed Mother, the two angels and the Divine Mercy image and all would pray.  It really was very well done.




One of the other skits was about Bl Pope John Paul II.  The skit was about one of the miracles that is allowing him to become a saint.  In it, the girl heard a picture of the Pope she had in her room talking to her.  Instead of a picture of the real PJPII, they came up with this one.



Cracks me up every time I look at it :)

So there you have it, a quick peek at how our Halloween went.  We celebrated All Saint's Day with Mass in the morning, went to Mass with my mil on All Soul's Day to light a candle during the Mass for my fil (yep, many of us still cried like babies) and then JUST. STAYED. HOME on Sunday, or at least most of us did.  It was glorious.  

Hope your start to November was a good one.  Here's to hoping my brain kicks in again soon and I'll be inspired to write more.

God Bless!