Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Starbucks, Writing and Scrooge

I'm sitting in Starbucks with my small decaf (I know, I'm so not pc) and an empty plate that held a rather dried out cheesecake brownie (note that the plate is empty; the dryness did not stop me from eating it!), hoping to be inspired.  I've heard many people say they go to a coffee shop to let those creative juices flow but they just ain't flowin' here, people.

1. Could it be that I'm sitting in a corner and it is very cold?
2. Could it be that I'm sitting under a speaker that is playing music that I do not find appealing?
3. Could it be that I'm just not able to be inspired?

I'm thinking it is number three.

We had a super busy weekend, celebrating the birthday of the now Ms 15 yo in between running other kids to and from rehearsals for the production of "The Conversion of Scrooge" that they will be in on December 1st.  Those of you who are local and want to see a great production to kick off your Advent, let me know :)

Today was our second to last writing class that we've had at our house on Tuesday mornings.  It has been an incredible blessing to me and, even though they won't admit it, Mr 13 yo and Ms 15 yo.  Now that I have the hang of it, this IEW program rocks.  I so wish that I had figured it out years ago.  While the bigger kids are learning it from the girls who are teaching the class, I'm working with Ms 10 yo and Mr 8 yo.  It continues to be a great experience for all of us; except for when they leave their assignments for Monday afternoon - then it is NOT a good experience for any of us.

Due to a cancellation in classes last Friday (which was great last Friday but there's always a payback isn't there?) we have classes at the Performing Arts Center on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week, as well as all day rehearsal on Sunday.  In addition, I must find costume pieces and do some sewing.  I know it sounds like I'm complaining and I guess to a certain extent I am, even though I consciously signed everyone up for this, but I will redeem myself by saying that it is all so totally worth it once I sit back and watch these performances.  They are truly amazing.  Until then, however, please pray for me :)

God Bless!