Saturday, March 28, 2015

The Noises of the Morning

This morning was a mix of things.  Husband and son getting up early to get haircuts and get to Mass.  Four girls (two of mine and two extras) getting up early to get to an all day Miles Christi girls' retreat.  One girl getting up early to get to work.  

This meant alarms, many of them, going off at all different times.  I heard the one at 5:30.  I heard another one at 5:50.  I heard a third at 6:00.  Different rooms, different sounds.

When I heard the one at 6:15, I wondered whose that would be, as by then everyone should have been up that needed to be.  To make matters worse, they weren't turning it off so it was just chirping and chirping away.

Ugh.

It was then that I rolled over and realized that the sound was not coming from within the house but from outside.

God's alarm clock was telling me it was time.  Birds chirping...Yay!  It's been so long since I've been woken up to that sound that I forgot what it sounded like.  


So I rolled over and slept for another 1/2 hour.

God Bless!