Tuesday, October 20, 2009

8 Days Post Surgery

I have some great ideas for some posts on decision making, but since this came in tonight, I thought I'd update you on Emily's progress. Hopefully I will get back here soon.

Wanted to give everyone the latest update. It has been 8 days since her surgery. She is starting to feel well enough to complain. She is tired of pudding and applesauce. I bought her baby food to eat. She wants to know how babies eat that awful stuff. I put lucky charms and milk in the blender for her to drink. Not quite the same I guess. I have to keep reminding her that she did just have major tongue surgery. She keeps expecting to be better already. On a positive note she still has more drugs than the local pharmacy, so her pain is under control.

Her talking is doing great. I am not surprised at all by that. She was talking right after surgery.

Dr. S called tonight to check up on Emily. He wanted to let us know that he had talked with Dr. P. He said that Dr. P was very optimistic. He felt that she has a greater than 50% chance of being cured. Now that is a huge miracle. We will be seeing Dr. P on Tuesday and I will let you know what he says. Dr. S is planning on doing another PET scan in 9 weeks. He said there is no further plans for Emily other than recovery. She can go back and finish school as soon as she feels well enough.

It was great to hear her oncologist sound so excited. All I could think about was how awesome our God is.

So I want to say thank you again for all the prayers. Please keep them up. We have a little longer to go before we can rest. Also send us any prayer request that you have. Emily still has a lot of suffering to offer up and she wants to offer it for anyone who needs it.