Sunday, May 20, 2012

God's Hand in the Small Things

We have been undergoing a trial for a number of years now but the last year it has been much more intense.  We've prayed, we've done novenas, we have others praying for us, too, but nothing ever seems to change.  There are no answers, no direction, no lightening of the load.  

Has this ever happened to you?  When it does do you feel as if your prayers are ineffective?  Do you feel as if you've reached a busy signal on the line to Heaven?

I don't know about you, but at times this is exactly how I feel.  Then God goes and does something small and seemingly insignificant in my life that makes me smile because it reminds me that He really is there listening and He's just waiting to help us in ways we can't even imagine.  

Today I was discussing this photography contest I want to enter but I've been stuck on one of the entries and just haven't had time to do some research on it to get an idea of what I should do.  The category is to use "motion blur" in a photo.  I just wasn't clear on what that meant:  is the subject blurry, do I move, do they move, what???

After that I was checking my email when I received a photography newsletter and what do you think the topic was?  You guessed it, motion blur.  I read the newsletter, ran outside with my camera, tried out the suggestions and was happy with the results!


See, not very important in the grand scheme of things, but believe me, it meant the world to me to know that God is there, even in the small things.  Now I just need to sit back and wait for Him to intervene in the big things!