Linking up with the women at Sucipio!
Moments of Gratitude:
* The absolutely wonderful birthday I had last week.
* The great food we ate that day.
* The cake one daughter baked and the other decorated.
* My parent's returning home after a 1 1/2 month road trip.
* A great group of dads and sons at our house for a camp out.
Beauty in the Ordinary:
When Mr 7 yo was younger, every once in a while he would take a power nap - he'd go down sometime in the afternoon and sleep until morning. Well, Sunday he was so tired from his camp out the night before that he retreated to his room around 4:00 (all of his own accord) and slept until 7:00 this morning. He did wake up around 9:00 last night with a lazy smile, grabbed a bagel to eat and put his pjs on, then went back to sleep. There is something beautiful, although maybe not ordinary, about that :)
From the Kitchen:
We're trying some new recipes this week:
* A crock pot beef stroganoff that is cooking right now and smells wonderful.
* A crock pot chicken and wine recipe
* Mr 12 yo is trying his hand at spaghetti this week
* Still reading "I Believe in Love".
* I found another book I never finished (not an uncommon occurrence, unfortunately) called "The Priesthood of the Heart" by Jo Croissant. I hope to finish it this week.
Now that I have my concordance, I am continuing to meditate on scripture references of the word TRUST.
* For the family that is hiding in their apartment in Syria while fighting goes on all around them
* For our country
* For financial concerns
In the Week Ahead:
* Our first women's formation group of the Fall at my house Tuesday evening.
* Our monthly Evening of Recollection on Friday
* School and exercise all week long...
* Not much else...which I consider a good thing!
Mr 7 yo's Lego creation! This is just one in a series of battle scenes he asked me to photograph for him!