Monday, January 14, 2013

Catholic Woman's Almanac

Joining with the Ladies over at Sucipio!

Moments of Gratitude:

* Seeing my son make his first basket in a basketball game.
* The beauty that was found at our annual Father/Daughter Ball
* A good first week back to school
* Watching new episodes of "Downton Abbey" and "Once Upon a Time" with my kids

Beauty in the Ordinary:

On Sunday we took down all of our Christmas decorations.  There is definitely beauty in the simplicity of the house after all of the fanfare of the holidays is over :)

In the Kitchen:

Back to some semblance of "clean eating" for us.  Gone are the sweets and desserts and pop and all of that sugary goodness; we're going back to the basics.  I know there will be some withdrawal, but I'm hoping that it will be minimal.

Looking Ahead:

I'm still trying to adjust to our new activity schedule.  Ms 16 yo is back to ballet, which is two evenings a week and Mr 12 yo is in basketball for the next 6 weeks so that is another two nights a week.  The final week night is choir practice for some and adoration for the rest of us.  That leaves no week day nights unencumbered, and that is not something that I relish.  Throw in a few afternoon activities for the week and I'm already starting to feel my blood pressure rise!

Praying:

For our world.  Every where I turn there is suffering and craziness to the point of being overwhelming.  I'm praying for a peaceful heart and one full of trust; one that willingly surrenders to Divine Providence.

Reading:

I finished "Choosing Joy" by Dan Lord and it was wonderful.  There were a lot of great bits of wisdom contained in that book.  Next on my list is a Bishop Sheen's autobiography that I received for Christmas.  Can't wait to dive into that one.

Captured:


God Bless!