Thursday, January 31, 2013

You CAN Do It...One Step at a Time!

Many people have told me that no matter how hard they try they just never will be organized.  I suppose that could be true for some people, but I'd like to believe that it is true only for the minority, not the majority, of disorganized people!  

Where do you begin?  That is the real question.  Is it possible that your entire life is in utter chaos?  If that is so, and I really hope not, then maybe you need to start by organizing and/or beefing up your prayer life.  Let God help you to see where you need to start.

What if, instead, you could just point to one area of your life that is totally out of control?  Let's say you homeschool and you have the schooling thing under control but can't seem to reign in the house or the meals.  Pick the worse of the two and start there.  Once you have that under control, move onto the next one.  Rome was not built in a day and your life is not going to be entirely organized in one fell swoop either.  You must not let that defeat you, however!  

I'm the kind of person who likes things done RIGHT NOW.  Unfortunately something like this takes time and patience.  When I look back I realize that it took me years to put all my "systems" in place.  Some of them weren't even possible until my kids got older.  What we can accomplish now has a lot to do with years of trial and error, growing and maturing children, and lots of patience. 

So, what can you do? First of all it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get "A Plan for Joy in the Home".  Or, if you've already gotten it and haven't read it yet, then get it back out!  Read through it and then really look at your life and see what the major areas are that are getting you down.  Decide what needs to be done to make you feel better about those areas and then, using the worksheets and ideas in the book, make your plan.  Don't tackle everything at once and don't expect to be done in a week!  

Here's an idea...Lent is coming up.  Pick one area that you need to organize better and then make that one of your Lenten resolutions.  If you're at a loss as to where to start, start with your prayer life!  That's always a good way to go.  


Keep plugging along and take it one day at a time.  It IS possible.  It ISN'T easy but the rewards are worth all of the blood, sweat and tears that you'll put into it.  I'm always glad to help in anyway that I can :)

God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I've know my entire life that organization is a habit, just like brushing your teeth, and ANYONE can cultivate it with enough patience and perseverance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, trying so hard to get these concepts incorporated into our daily lives right now! Have a good handle on it but then something always throws a wrench in my plan lol glad to know it can be done :)

    ReplyDelete