Tuesday, May 21, 2013

When Homeschooling Moms Graduate

Our homeschool group graduation is fast approaching and this year I will have two graduates - Ms 14 yo from 8th grade and Ms 17 yo from high school.

I was talking with a friend of mine at a party this past weekend and she made the comment that she wants to wear a cap and gown to the graduation, too, because her last child is graduating high school.
 
She told me that someone asked her if she was going to go out and get a job, now that she's done. Her response was much more charitable than mine, I'm sure.  As she put it, when she thinks about all of the things around her house and in her life that she has put off for the past 14 years because she's been homeschooling, she has more than enough to keep her busy!
  
Now, mind you, this is something I will not be encountering for another 10 years (ugh) but it got me thinking what a huge milestone this is in a homeschooling mom's life. In fact, this year we will have THREE moms who are ending their homeschooling career!  I really believe that we need to acknowledge this event in the lives of these outstanding women, so I'm coming up with a plan to do just that at our annual homeschool gradation Mass.

I'm open to suggestions, since I don't seem to be overly creative, so if there is a way that you can think of that would honor these moms, please feel free to share it with me.  I want to make this a special night for these moms and their families, so get your thinking caps on and then let me know what you come up with!

God Bless!