Well, it's been a few weeks since I've done this so it feels good to be back joining in with the gals over at Sucipio!
Moments of Gratitude:
* There have been so many prayers for us over the past two weeks and I am eternally grateful for each and every one of them.
* Sunshine and fall weather
* A day at home - finally
* A patio and yard that are winter ready
* The end to the pain in my neck and head that were with me most of the last two weeks
* An incredible chiropractic adjustment
* Relatives who like to upgrade their televisions and pass on their "old" one. In fact, the kids asked if we have ever had to buy a tv and we're pretty sure the answer is no.
The Upcoming Week:
Is quite busy with stuff. Two big holy days on top of our usual school work and performing arts classes will make for a lot to do. I really should do a drive by the local pumpkin farm before Thursday so we can pick up some pumpkins (I'm SOO bad at this Halloween stuff). We will be helping out at our parish's All Hallow's Eve party on Thursday. I get to direct a skit about St. Faustina while the other kids are helping out or acting in various ways. It sounds like a good program again this year so I'll try to bring along my camera so I can share some ideas.
In the Kitchen:
We made us some beef stew and dumplings on Sunday. We love this dish but I've found that it is hard to make the dumplings on the electric stove without burning the stew. Our grill has an attached burner that runs on propane so we tried that out for the dumpling cooking and it worked. Good dumplings and not burned stew. A great dish on this chilly October day.
It hit me last night that I am now the only one in my husband's immediate family, as well as among many of my friends, whose father is still alive. Everyone's mother is still here, but they've all lost their father's and that is just weird...and a bit disconcerting. It is making me think a lot about my dad and just being grateful that he is still a part of our lives. I think we will all cherish our time together a bit more now.
* For the peace that will come in time after losing someone so close to you.
* For this crazy world we live in.
* That I will not be consumed with fear over the fact that someone can come down with a virus and die in two days.
* For all those suffering with sick family members.
I finally downloaded the pictures I took when my hubby and I went away a few weeks ago. It was such a beautiful day and here are some of the shots I took. These were all taken at a county park along Lake Michigan in Wisconsin.
This is a picture of our shadows in pond scum. Isn't it lovely? :)