Friday, February 20, 2015

7 Quick Takes February 20, 2015

1.

Hi there!  Welcome to me.  This is my first time here at Kelly's!  I guess it has been a long time since I've participated in 7QT.  Let's see what we can muster up for our first time here, heh?

2.

As I type this, my kids are sitting at the desk next to me listening to Spotify.  More specifically, they're listening to the "Veggie Tales Sing the 80s" station.  "Walk Like an Egyptian" to be even more specific.  If you don't like the 80s, they have "Veggie Tales Sing the 70s", too.  Trust me, you have to look this up and get your kids hooked on it.  "Gourds Just Wanna Have Fun" sung by Jimmy and Jerry.  I mean, really, can it get any better than this????!!!

3. 

Lent.   What am I doing with it?  It usually takes awhile for the whole thing to settle in for me.  Right now I'm working on getting our Lenten meal plan written down.  We always pick six meals and eat the same meal on the same night of the week for six weeks (Sundays are our free meal day).  This year, though, since we've been kind of slacking on the Trim Healthy Mama plan since, ummm, about Thanksgiving, everything we eat for Lent will be on plan.  No crossovers, no cheats.  Discipline.  Detachment from food.  That is the goal here.  ("Funkytown" is playing now).

4.  

("Locamotion" sung by Junior Asparagus.  I'm tellin' ya', you have to check this out.)  Hubby and I were supposed to be in Nashville this weekend, but due to the entire city being covered in ice, with snow and rain expected this weekend, we decided to back out.  Fortunately we were able to get our money back on tickets we purchased and switch our arrangements around.  The fact that I am perfectly okay with NOT going out of town during the month of February is nothing short of miraculous.  

5.  

It's kind of funny, but whenever my husband I try to do something, we usually end up doing it with people of the older generation.  Not on purpose, mind you, but it just kind of happens that way.  So we were supposed to go to the Opry while we were in Nashville, where the headliners this weekend are none other than Crystal Gale and Lori Morgan.  Great country stars, but really, we were kind of hoping for someone more our age.  Well, it looks like our new plans might put us right in the path of none other than Trace Adkins!  He just happens to be one of my hubby's favorites!  God is good.

6.

(Oh my goodness...The Veggies are singing "Proud Mary".) Tomorrow starts the St. Louis de Montfort Consecration to Mary which will end on the feast of the Annunciation.  We've done this in our family at this time of year for about the past 10 years.  It's a good thing for me to do during Lent because it takes a lot of discipline to do it during the day and not wait until right before bed when I'm nodding off and not fully paying attention.  When we get to the day after the  Consecration, I always feel like I've gained a whole lot of time in my day :).  Don't let that scare you, though, it is a beautiful and, I believe, necessary devotion to Our Lady.  And, by the way, the song playing and the topic for this QT was purely coincidental!

7.

 I'll leave you with this image. It is Ms 11 yo.  I'll leave it up to you to figure out what she was doing in the woods like that.  Have a great weekend.  "Everybody have fun tonight.  Everybody Wang Chung tonight."

God Bless!