Saturday, February 23, 2008

Recipes - Saturday's Format

Since Saturday's tend to be busy days, I thought it might be kind of fun to use Saturday's post to share recipes with all of you (this way I don't have to think so hard!!). I love to make desserts, especially chocolate ones, but since it is Lent, I will refrain from sharing any of those with you. I hope that if you have a recipe that you really like and think others would like it too, that you would send me a comment with your recipe in it and then I can share those. Afterall, a new, tasty recipe can bring joy to any day!

So here is the first one. It comes from my husband's aunt who got it from her aunt. It is easy and can be upsized or downsized depending on the size of your family. Best of all, it was very good. Hope you enjoy it, too.

P.S. If anyone out there knows if it is possible to just put a link to a file that could be downloaded, it would make this much easier to print out. If you know how to do this, please let me know. Until I find out, I guess you'll just have to copy, paste and print it out.

God Bless and have a peaceful, restful Sunday!

No-Peek Stew
2 lbs beef stew meat
1 stalk celery
4 carrots
1 medium onion
1 - 24oz. can tomato juice
1 c water
4 potatoes
3 tbl. tapioca
1 tbl sugar
1 tsp salt
In a 9 x 13 in. casserole, combine all ingredients. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 250 degrees for four hours. DO NOT PEEK! Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Testing....can't wait to try this recipe! Dolors H

    ReplyDelete