Thursday, February 7, 2008

Retreat, Retreat!!

Today I thought I would tell you about a secret treasure. It's a way to re-energize your battery, jumpstart your life and help you to set some priorities. It is a silent retreat that is based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. The retreats are hosted by priests of the Miles Christi order out of Michigan. It just so happens that there is a women's retreat coming up in Lent, the weekend of March 7-9. What a great thing to do for yourself and for your family this Lent. I can't begin to say enough about this experience. It can definitely be life changing. Of course, if you really want to treat yourself, ladies, wait until the women's retreat in July. This retreat gives you an extra day of that golden silence. There are two men's retreats scheduled for this year, also. One in April and one in October. Just think of the impact it can have on your family if both husband and wife attend. I know that when my husband and I both went last year it had an incredibly positive impact on our married and family life. Try this link if you want to get more information, or if you want to register for the upcoming retreat. Last I heard, there was still room.

http://www.mileschristi.org/en/activities/area.php?id=2&location=23

If you are not sure of the direction your life, your marriage, your homeschool should be taking, this is a great opportunity to spend a lot of quiet time thinking, praying, reflecting and planning your future direction. Just in case you haven't picked up on it so far, I really think this is something YOU should do!
God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. I have to read "The Spiritual Exercies of St. Ignatius" for my Theology class this year. Something to look forward too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you have a guide to help you understand some of it. Consider a retreat sometime!

    ReplyDelete