Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ever Think of Building your Own Website?

Now that school is over for most families, and you'll have so much more time on your hands, I thought I'd bring up the subject of building your own website. About a year and a half ago, my husband and I stumbled onto Site Build It and we really were impressed with what they had to offer.

Since then, as you know, I've been working on my website. I knew absolutely nothing about website building, and at times it has been frustrating, but with a little perseverance, I've been able to put together my site and learn a lot in the process. I find it to be a lot of fun and wish I had more time to work on it.

My husband has put together a site for the company he works for (his family's business). He hasn't had much time to work on it, but because it is a service business, it is fun to watch the contact forms come in from people who want work done.

Ms 17 yo has recently gotten to the point that her website has a home page. We decided to make this part of her Junior year schoolwork. She, too, has had no prior website experience, but is enjoying learning about how to do it. Hopefully she can build her site big enough to help her pay for college.

The main thing that SBI requires from someone who signs up with them is that you have a passion for something. Is there something you love to talk about or know a lot about? Then build a website about it. That is what makes it fun and not work. That is what will keep you going when you might be struggling. We all have something we are passionate about or know a lot about. Heck, I just stumbled across an SBI site about apple cider vinegar! The possibilities are endless.

If you'd like more info and you're a SAHM, then you can click here.
Are you a student looking to generate some extra income? If so, click here.
If you just want the basics, click here.

Give it some serious thought. It really is loads of fun!