Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sacred Heart of Jesus Part IV


Since the first thing that St. Margaret Mary said was important was consecration, I thought I would share with you a consecration prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. While I am sure that there are different versions of this, this particular one was written by St. Claude de la Colombiere.

My adorable Redeemer, I give and consecrate myself totally to Thy Sacred Heart in the fullest and most complete way of which I am capable.

Nail Me to Thy cross by my baptismal promises, by the duties of my state of life and by my resolution to serve you always. I renew all these before heaven and earth in Thy Sacred Heart.

Thy holy service is for me an easy yoke and its bonds do not burden me. Moreover, I would desire to fasten even more closely its tight knots.

Therefore, I embrace the beloved cross of my vocation even unto death. It shall be all my delight, my pleasure, my glory. God forbid that I should glory save in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world is crucified to me, and I to the world. Thy poverty shall be my treasure; Thy sufferings my delight; Thy person my only love.

I will never abandon Thee, my Savior; I will unite myself intimately with Thee. I do not fear the narrow path of holiness, because Thou art my light and my strength.

I hope, therefore, O my Lord, that Thou willest make me firm to resist all temptations and that Thou willest make me victorious over all the enemies of my soul. Continue to stretch out Thy hand over me, and to bestow Thy favors upon me.

By Thy Blood, by Thy Wounds and by Thy Sacred Heart, I implore Thee, O adorable Jesus, by this act of consecration grant that I may become a new creation of Thy love. Amen.