Monday, June 25, 2012

Remember to Finish Math :)

This is how it starts...or should I say ends.  My resolve to do some schoolwork throughout the summer, that is.  Ms 9 yo really has to catch up on her math this summer so we've been plugging away at it for a few weeks now.  But then we have a week like we had last week where we worked like crazy to prepare for a party, then moved into the weekend when, while still preparing, had another event to go to on Saturday night and then our party on Sunday.

Today, as we all crawled out of bed, I could really care less about making her keep up with her math.  We're all tired and brain dead and I foresee a few days of trying to get back into our regular routine. 

My prayer is that by the time we get back to a routine I will still have that resolve for her to plow onward.  Usually by the time I get un-distracted, I've completely forgotten about the schoolwork and it might be weeks before I remember again.

I hope that by putting this all into a blog post, in a few days or a week I'll be paging through here and see this post and remember that we really do need to get caught up on that math :)  Thanks for bearing with me as I write this reminder!