Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Catching Up

It really wasn't my intention to back off on computer usage during Lent, but somehow that is what has been happening.

Life has been speeding along at 100 mph faster than normal.  This shouldn't be a surprise to me since that is how it usually goes when we are in the midst of preparing for a big performance.  It does, however, make Lent seem to zoom by.  Is that a good thing??

Here, in pictures, are some of the things that I have been up to the past two weeks and that I had intended on writing about but just haven't gotten the time.  I'm in between driving and other chores for today, so I thought I might try to tackle them.

I had the awesome opportunity to visit my parents in Arizona for a much needed mental break.  It was in the low 80s, need I say more?  I think Arizona has been in some kind of weather bubble so far this year; as the rest of the country gets walloped with horrible weather, AZ is having warmer than usual temps.  Oh well, I was certainly glad to be there for some of it.  

I've never been out west, so we took a road trip one day to Sedona.  I loved it - well all except for the New Age portal section.


We continued on through Flagstaff - the only place we saw very minimal snow.
 

And on to the Grand Canyon.  Oh how a camera does not do it justice.  It was awesome to stand there and see how incredible God is in His creation.
 

It was even warm enough to swim.  I spent two afternoons in that water and could have stayed for more!
 

I also got to photograph the interesting vegetation of the area.  This is my favorite kind of succulent!
 

 Then a few days after I came home, we had this again.  Fortunately it is all gone right now.  Will it be back??  Who knows, but it is possible!




One of the places we went to in AZ was In-N-Out burgers.  All I can say is that I should have listened to my dad when he said to order the double burger.  Had I done that, I think I would have enjoyed it more.  What I tasted was good, just wish I had done the double.

I did get some hats to bring home and now Mr 13 yo wears his whenever he cooks or sweeps the floor.  Here he is making us green pancakes for St. Patrick's Day!
 

I made my first corned beef ever.  Ms 21 yo made the Irish Soda bread.  All-in-all it tasted great and we were happy to share it as a family - everyone home eating at the same time doesn't happen too often anymore.
 

What's not to like about a little Green River to go along with the Irish mood?  Actually, I thought the stuff tasted horrible, but the kids seemed to like it.
 

And finally, on Monday mornings, I teach a photography class at a co-op and I thought this looked cool.  How neat to see a bunch of people striving to learn the in's and out's of photography.  They're doing a great job, too!
 

So now I am relatively caught up.  A lot less pictures and a lot less words than I had originally intended, but that's life, I guess.  We'll see what happens this next week!

God Bless!