Friday, September 12, 2014

7 Quick Takes about eating, school and more eating by big fat green things

Week three of school under our belts.  Week three of Trim Healthy Mama under our belts.  Woohooo!  I have to say that both are getting easier as we fall into more of a routine.  This week was a bit crazier, however, because we started a science class for Mr 14 yo, a writing class for Ms 16 yo and Mr 14 yo and the first theater workshop for the four youngest.  More driving, more homework, more time out of the house always makes for more adjusting and tweaking of the schedule.


So with this Trim Healthy Mama plan we're eating a bit different than we used to.  I'm glad it wasn't a total overhaul, but it has required some adjusting nonetheless.  Here's dd Ms 18 yo heading out to work for the evening.  She had just gotten home from school and wasn't hungry but knew she had to eat something so she thought she'd make a protein smoothie to take with. 

  

There was so much of it and it was so thick that she had to put it in a bowl and eat it with a spoon. As she was walking out the door she said, "I've turned into one of those weird food people, haven't I?"
  

Here is one of the reasons why she chose to make a smoothie - my new birthday gift.  I went and got it today from Kohl's because I had a 30% off coupon and a $10 off card for my birthday month so I got it for a good price - which makes it even better.  Looking forward to processing the heck out of my food :)
 

Yesterday we were sitting in the school room doing school and I looked out the window at my failing plants when I noticed that the green pepper plants had been stripped of all their leaves.  They weren't that great to begin with but now they looked horrible.

Mr. 9 yo went out and found this bad boy on the plant.  He was nice and fat after having eaten all those leaves. 

 
Ugh! I hate gardening.  I think it would be much more enjoyable to go to a Farmer's Market next year!

I found this beautiful prayer on the internet the other day and I just have to share it:

 The Prayer of St. Francis de Sales

Be at Peace
Do not look forward in fear to the changes of life;
rather look to them with full hope as they arise.
God, whose very own you are,
will deliver you from out of them.
He has kept you hitherto,
and He will lead you safely through all things;
and when you cannot stand it,
God will bury you in his arms.
Do not fear what may happen tomorrow;
the same everlasting Father who cares for you today
will take care of you then and everyday.
He will either shield you from suffering,
or will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace,
and put aside all anxious thoughts and imagination.

St. Francis de Sales 1567-1622



I will not turn on the heat.  I will not turn on the heat.  I will not turn on the heat because it is only the 12th of September.  Who cares if it will be in the 40s for the next couple of nights!  One day it's warm and humid, the next day we're digging out the jackets.   On the brighter side, they've been working on the interstate that is a few miles south of us and have closed a portion of it down for the past three nights, thus re-routing ALL of the traffic down the state highway right past our house.  Therefore, I am thankful that we've had our windows shut as it is quite loud with all that traffic going by all night long.
 

We're in the throws of Saturday sports here so that's what is on deck for our weekend...soccer and flag football, followed by the annual Blue Knights campout where dads and boys come together to either sit by the fire (dads) or run around with flashlights (boys) and then crash in tents.  A good time is always had!  Have a great weekend.

God Bless! 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!