Sunday, April 19, 2015

A New Room and An Instagram Announcement

For about the past five years or so, Ms 11 yo and Ms 16 yo have been sharing a double bed on the lower portion of a bunk bed set.  When they began this journey it was easy because they were both small.  Let's just say that the past few years haven't been a cake-walk for Ms 16 yo, who most mornings I would find sleeping on the edge of the bed as Ms 11 yo would be sprawled across the rest of it. 

Ms 16 yo and I have been brainstorming for awhile on how to get her her own bed...and then how to fit it in the room!  Well, things worked out recently in her favor and we were able to snag a twin sized bed.  This meant, of course, that her other four roommates had to be in agreement about removing some furniture and changing things up.

Here is where we started (or at least close to where we started as we had already begun taking things apart here):


We put the double on the bottom back to a twin to make room for the stand-alone twin bed.  See all the stuff on the desk and the night stand?  Guess how much stuff was in all those drawers?  Yep, a lot.  It all had to go somewhere.  Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure where it went, but it's not in the room!

Here we are mid-way through the project.  Bed shrunk, most of the stuff vacated.  Now it's time to move that desk.  Here's where having a strong, teenage son comes in handy.

And finally, the big reveal.  


We ended up switching two of the other girls around, too, just to make things easier.  Here is the new bed set-up.  It looks a little out of place, but in a few days, I suppose, it will look normal to everyone.

Here is the other side of the room.  Ms 11 yo had her bed shrunk so she needed to get new bedding. She's my flashy one.  Can you tell which of the beds is hers?? Yikes, I don't know how it won't keep her awake at night :)


This was perfect timing for a new project I've decided to start.  I've been thinking about other ways to promote my book, "A Plan for Joy in the Home", so I thought it might be fun to use Instagram.  I'm planning on posting photos that have to do with organizing, planning, help for the busy mom, joy, fun and many other things.  If you'd like to follow along (I'll follow back), you can find me by searching:  aplanforjoy.  I hope you have fun following and find it useful.

God Bless!