Friday, July 2, 2010

7 Quick Takes

Click on the above graphic to join the fun!

1.

It has been quite a busy week around here. The four older girls got home from a week in Virginia and now are trying to get ready to leave for camp on Saturday. They seem to be having a hard time transitioning from one event to the other. Usually we have an excited countdown to camp going on but right now they are still mourning the fun they left in VA. I remember feeling like that when I was young and carefree....:)

2.

Ms 7 yo has been enjoying having all her sisters back for the week as the bedroom is full again. She spent all last week sleeping in the room by herself during a week filled with some nasty storms. The poor girl was terrified of looking at the weather report on the computer for fear of what it might show. Of course this week has been absolutely beautiful; not a storm in sight. Next week's 10 day shows more storms - and an empty room again.

3.

While in VA, the girls were lucky enough to get the advance copy of Regina Doman's new book "Alex O'Donnell and the 40 Cyberthieves". I started reading it and it looks like it is going to be another good one! I hate starting a good book when I don't have the time to just sit and finish it! Pure torture.

4.

Speaking of reading, we became victims of our library's summer reading club last week. It has always been my policy that we not join these because I have a hard enough time getting my kids to put down books and actually get out to DO something. Now they have the incentive of prizes to not listen to me :) Mr 9 yo is really taking it seriously as he sits there with the stop watch timing every minute that he reads. You see... the grand prize you can try to win for reading 12 hours over the course of 6 weeks is a new bike (which he would like). After his first week in the program, he has read 13.5 hours :)

5.

Our holiday weekend is shaping up to be a marathon. Saturday - Farmer's Market, come home dump the trailer, fill up the van, drive 2 hours to drop girls off, eat dinner, watch fireworks. Sunday - crawl out of bed, get to church, drive 1 hour to a graduation party, eat too much, watch more fireworks, drive home and collapse into bed. Monday - rejoice that my husband has the day off so we can recuperate!

6.

My hope is that next week, while the house is a bit quieter, I can finally get the pages up on my website that highlight the unit study that the girls wrote on Pope John Paul II. I'll let you know when it is ready so you can figure it into next year's school curriculum :)

7.

Have a wonderful, safe 4th of July holiday. For a change of pace this weekend, try praying the patriotic rosary. Here's a link to show you how.