Friday, April 27, 2012

7 Quick Takes April 27, 2012


--- 1 ---

Well I just now (Thurs night) got my invite for Pintrest.  I caved.  I'm not quite sure I understand all the ins and outs of it yet.  I suppose it will take a bit of time to get the hang of it.  I hate spending time learning things that really aren't essential to my life.  I feel as if I'm wasting time, so I try to rush through it and then I get frustrated.  As my son would say, "Patience is a virtue".   One I haven't quite mastered yet!

--- 2 ---

So I wonder, how much sleep am I going to lose because of this?  I can look upon this as a test of my will power; a chance to increase in virtue!  Sounds good, doesn't it?


--- 3 ---
In between things, we've spent this week doing the clothing switch.  As far as the weather goes around here, I'm not quite sure why we've done this as it is supposed to be in the 40s for a few days.  Anyhow, we are going through our clothes and loading up into bins all of the items we will be giving to our homeschool Free 4 All.  We are not shoppers, so it always amazes me how we can come up with so many bins of clothes to bring to this event twice a year.
--- 4 ---

What is a Free 4 All, you wonder?  Yes, I know, the name pretty much speaks for itself, but it is such a neat thing and I love being able to participate in it.  A couple of our homeschooling moms rent a big hall and set up tables then all of us bring in anything we want (that is in decent shape, of course) and spend two evenings setting up the room.  Clothes, toys, household items, books, furniture...you name it, people bring it.  Then on Saturday, they open the doors to the community and let it fly.  The place is pretty much cleaned out in a few hours.  It is a beautiful event! (Even better now that they enforce the "No Scooping" rule!!)
 
--- 5 ---

Anyone here going (or did you go) to the Milwaukee Homeschool Conference?  If so, check your vendor bag for a bright yellow flyer from ME :)


--- 6 ---

I just love when I find out that the littler ones have been listening when it appears as if they haven't been.  The other day we were getting ready to exercise and one of the girls was looking for the lightest set of weights we have.  Mr 7 yo, who was hanging around the area, said, "NO, you're supposed to use a CHALLENGING weight, not an easy one!"  Sounds just like the guy from the exercise video!

--- 7 ---

We have our homeschool project fair this weekend!  I settled on the younger four children, each with a craft and a poem (or poems) to recite for public speaking.  It's not much, but at least we're participating, which is better than we've done for the past few years.  Have a great weekend!

 

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

3 comments:

  1. I love that free 4 all idea. What a fabulous way to Clark out your house and bless the community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Would you gift me some of your time and send me a private email with more details on your homeschooling Free 4 all? I am thinking my area needs this program! jessicareuther@hotmail.com

    Loved your blog, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You're supposed to use a challenging weight!" Funny!

    Thanks for sharing about your family!

    ML

    ReplyDelete