Moments of Gratitude:
* A wonderful 1 1/2 days of reflections and retreats. We heard some wonderful talks, had confession, benediction, time to dig deep and repent.
* A fun day of visiting with friends and family.
* Kids having a great time auditioning for a new performing arts center.
* Everything getting done even though it looked like that wasn't going to happen.
* Seeing my name in print :)
In the Kitchen:
Very much a simplified kitchen this week. We try to do meatless for the Triduum so we're serving up some easy meals, but we're very much looking forward to my mil's hot cross buns on Good Friday.
Kids trying to figure out their math problems and asking questions about spelling and grammar. We are so looking forward to our Spring break next week!!
The Week Ahead:
Definitely taking a lot of quiet time this week to enter into Holy Week more fully. The girls will be singing and Mr 12 yo will be serving at all of the Masses/services this week. We are, however, going to go to the local Byzantine church for their Holy Saturday liturgy because friends of ours are having their newborn son receive the sacraments then. We've been to their liturgy one other time and really liked it so we're looking forward to it again.
For a blessed Holy Week for all of us and all of you.
How fast Lent went by and whether or not it was very fruitful.
This week I will be reading my usual book for Holy Week "The Pain of Christ and the Sorrow of God" by Gerald Vann.
Mr 12 yo before his haircut:
Mr 12 yo after his haircut (I'd say the "A" word, but it's still Lent :)