Thursday, February 6, 2014

Theme Thursday - Church Windows

The weather really is affecting my ability to get out and take current pictures so I need to dig into the archives again for this week's theme.  I was looking for a picture I took of a window entitled "Our Lady, Refuge of Sinners".  I took this particular photo because at one time we had been dreaming of opening a Catholic camp ground and I thought that would make a great name for it.  Wouldn't you go to a campground with a name like that??  

Anyhow, I couldn't find the picture and found this one instead.




I have no idea who it is of, but I can tell you it comes from my most favorite place on earth, Our Lady of the Angels Monastery in Hanceville, Alabama.  It's not from the church, of course, because you aren't allowed to take pictures in there, but it is from a little grotto they have on the property.  The picture isn't anything fancy, but what it reminds me of is Heaven on earth and right now, being February and all snowy and everything, I really need to be reminded of that!

Join in at Clan Donaldson for more church windows!

God Bless!