Thursday, May 22, 2014

You Win Some, You Lose Some

On the win side:

There was a big wasp in the bathroom so I went in to save my family from it.  It was on the window screen so I gave it a big ole whop with the fly swatter and it bounced off of the screen and landed in the toilet, where it promptly got flushed into never land.  Couldn't have planned that one any better!

On the lose side: 

(as in, "I must be losing my mind")

I had put a roast in the oven right after lunch and was doing some things in the kitchen when the phone rang.  It was my aunt so I sat in the next room to chat for a bit.  About half way through the conversation I smelled something cooking but couldn't figure out what it was.  I even got up to look in the kitchen to see if one of the kids was cooking something, but they weren't.  It was about 10 minutes later, after sniffing and sniffing, that I finally remembered it was the roast that I had put in the oven.  Oh well!

Have a great day and stay tuned till tomorrow for Part II of my torture exercise story!

God Bless!