* A great time with fellow homeschooling moms on Saturday. There were two talks (myself and the pastor of the church we were at), yummy food, good conversations, door prizes and even a massage and manicure if you wanted one. What a great way to spend a rainy day.
* A very low-key Sunday. Mass and, well, that's about it. It was Ms 11 yo's Baptismal feast day so we built a fire in the pit outside and had smores while it drizzled.
* Just enough money saved up to fix the a/c and a few other problems on our van. It really is just too hard to drive a 15 passenger van without air conditioning. The poor people two rows back come out with a red face even after a 5 minute drive. Glad we finally found a good mechanic who is very reasonable.
* A busy, but fun, day on Friday. The kids performed a short version of the "Prince and the Pauper" with their theater group for us in the afternoon. It was very good improv theater :). Then I hightailed it over to my cousin's bridal shower where I spent a nice evening outdoors with my aunts and cousins and had a few good laughs.
Outside My Window:
It is dark and my neighbor is burning his garbage. Every Sunday night, just like clockwork. Ah, the smell of burning plastic in the evening!
* Ms 15 yo and I are tackling another project this week. This time we will be repainting a big desk that my husband built for me back when our first daughter was still a toddler. This desk is SOLID, but it has a big desk top and hold lots of stuff. All it needs is a fresh coat of paint. We just have to have it done and back in place before the weekend because I'm hosting a shower here on Saturday!
* Of course that means that besides painting, there's cleaning to be done. Yippee!!
* Ms 22 yo comes back from her trip to see her boyfriend. Happy for us, sad for them.
* Will there be swimming in the forecast? I sure hope so!
What I'm Reading:
I am almost done with that Fulton Sheen autobiography. I'll have to work on finishing that up this week.
Last week I purchased "Praying to God as a Friend" by St. Alphonsus Liguori for a whopping $.99 for my Kindle. I'm looking forward to getting started on that one.
My niece, the niece of a friend, the unborn baby of a friend of mine who really needs a miracle to survive. Please pray through the intercession Blessed Chiara for her healing.
Shameless self promotion throne in here :) Don't forget that "A Plan for Joy in the Home" is on sale this week through Friday!
affiliate links included :)