Sunday, July 20, 2014

Summer Daybook

Thankful For:

* A busy weekend, for sure!  On Saturday, the girls and I readied the house to host a bridal shower for a friend's son and his fiance.  It was very providential that we did this because a few weeks ago, their front yard got hit by a tornado and there are still tree parts all over the yard.  A great time was had by all.

* While we were partying, the boys were out splitting more logs.  I am so thankful for the stash we have right now.  Hopefully it will be burnable by this winter, but that remains to be seen as it is all still very wet wood.


* In between all of this activity, we had my mom and dad over for lunch to celebrate my mom's birthday earlier this week.  She had that nasty upper respiratory infection that's been going around and was finally feeling better, so we fired up the grill and had some burgers and sang our lovely rendition of "Happy Birthday" around a pineapple upside down cake.

In the Rehab Department:

I realized I never put up pics of the desk Ms 15 yo and I painted last week.  Here are the before:






We realized that my hubby built this for me 21 years ago.  That was the last time it was painted, too!  Bye bye 21 years of grime and grit!  Here are the after:


We haven't had time to straighten out the drawers, and realistically, it's probably something we'll never get around too.  We're happy with them in spite of their crookedness (notice the Tardis blue accents)!

Next up:
 


An end table we found at a garage sale this past week!  This will be the last piece in "the new room"

This Week:

We have our homeschool conference next weekend so my goal is to have my used books ready to bring to the used book sale as well as to have an idea of what direction we're headed for the school year.  My biggest dilemma is math for my two high schoolers.  One doesn't get along with Fred and the other did the  Fred's Beginning Algebra but isn't quite ready for Advanced Algebra so I'm on the lookout for something that will work for the both of them.

Reading:

I finally finished the Fulton Sheen autobiography and just purchased "Praying to God as a Friend" by St. Alphonsus Liguori.  Looks like a good one!  And really, it was $.99 for my Kindle!  How can you beat that?  Well, I suppose free would beat that, but this was pretty close.

I also picked up my book by Dr. Robert DeMaria called "Dr. Bob's Drugless Guide to Balancing Female Hormones" because, well let's just say, we have a lot of female hormones around here that could use some balancing. :)

Praying For:

* Discernment in a lot of issues, nothing too major though.


* For conversion of hearts so there might be peace in our world.

* For Grace, Anna, Courtney and Baby Chiara.

Outside my Window:

The sun is starting to set and it's not too hot so it should be another great night of sleeping.  Hope you have a great evening!

God Bless!