Friday, October 31, 2008

Odds and Ends

Happy All Hallows Eve! I will be out trick or treating with a few pirates and some prairie girls. Hope those of you who trick or treat have an enjoyable afternoon. This year it appears as if the weather is going to cooperate: sunny and mid 60s!

The organizing freak inside of me has to share this great idea I found on heblogssheblogs. It is a great way to organize and keep track of all of the things you have to do. Instead of keeping a bunch of to-do lists, the author said she started writing things she needed to do on the back of old business cards she had. Every morning she looks through the stack of cards and picks out a few that she can accomplish that day. Once done, she throws them out. Too bad I don't have any old business cards lying around...

Tomorrow begins November (already?). One thing we've done in the past years is to take a blank calendar page for the month and write the name of a deceased friend or family on each day of the month. I hang the calendar in the kitchen and each day we pray for and offer up sacrifices for that person. It is a neat way to remember the special people in your life who are no longer with you. It is also fun to tell the little kids about these people that they never met.

God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you could use, say, old 3x5 cards that are cut into three 1x5 strips? It might work, or I can send you a box of my old business cards - I'm not using them, and I never have a to do list that I forget... Jenni won't let me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Laura! Great photo, but I liked the tulips (ie spring) better! Can't wait to try the recipe! Smiles and God bless! Dolores H

    ReplyDelete