Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Schoolhouse Rock

Okay, so how many of you are going to admit that you remember the Schoolhouse Rock videos? I rediscovered them when we were studying the Preamble of the Constitution. Admit it, right now you are humming the tune that helped you to memorize the Preamble. Can you still sing the entire thing? If not, here is your chance to listen to it, memorize it and sing it for the family (my kids just gave me that sideways glance that kids are good at when I was singing along with the video!).

Today we were discussing how Congress has the power to turn bills into laws and guess what, I remembered another SHR video about that, too. After a little searching, here it is...



After watching the poor bill make his way to the President's desk, my kids were wanting more, so we watched the Boston Tea Party, the American Revolution and one about how the government is like a three-ring circus. I found an interestingly pertinent one about what Wall St. is and how to invest properly: "Remember, Buy Low, Sell High". If it were only that easy.

Now you're hooked, too! Have fun and I bet you'll find that when you least expect it, you'll be singing "We the People..."

God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!!
    I bought Grammar Rock at a yard sale last week & my 3 1/2 year old is addicted...We can't stop singing about INTERJECTIONS!!!
    I got America rock and multiplication rock last year at yard sales...really cheap...
    My almost 8 yo has the preamble memorized & I haven't even gotten to it yet with her! I don't remember the scienc rock videos, but we will be on the look out at more yard sales...The kids love them all and watch them in rotation. BTW: I memorized the preamble from those videos in my childhood & went looking for it when Scooter was memorizing it.
    Blessings, E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Schoolhouse Rock! A really cool way to learn without realizing that you are learning!

    "I'm just a bill..."

    Great Stuff! Now if we could only get the morons in Congress, et al, to actually read and understand that stuff. Maybe we should send them all some copies. :)

    ReplyDelete