Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Pioneer Woman Review

This past weekend, instead of doing the things I was supposed to be doing, I sat on this couch:

and read this book:

and I am so glad that I did.  Last week we were at the library and this book was propped up on top of one of the shelves.  After perusing it, I decided to give it a try; after all I love people stories, and even more than that, I love a good love story.  This seemed to be both, so even though I knew I had a lot to do, I checked it out anyhow.

Wow...what a good writer she is!  I'm officially a fan now.  Between reading this book and checking out her blog, I've discovered we have a lot in common!  We both:

1.  Love the wide open country even though we never thought we could.
2.  Both our husbands drive pick up trucks and we love to look at them in jeans, cowboy boots and a hat :)
3.  We both love photography
4.  We both homeschool

I think that list right there makes us potential BFF, if only we lived in Oklahoma.  I felt those wide open spaces calling to me as I read...

Really, though, I was captivated by her style of writing and the way she made her story so engaging.  One of the comments on the back of the book says, 


"This story helped remind me just why I fell in love with my husband...and why I'm still mad crazy about him."

I have to agree.  As I read along with this story, it reminded me again that I am so lucky to have my own cowboy (one forced at this point to live in the midst of suburbia) who loves me and our children with a passion.  Now that is the sign of a good book...one that you can relate to your own life and walk away from feeling good!

If you need a break this weekend, run to the library and check out this book!  Watch out, though, you just might not know what hit you :)