Friday, January 13, 2012

7 Quick Takes January 13, 2012


--- 1 ---

Well it finally snowed here today.  The kids' prayers have been answered.


Quite a dramatic difference from yesterday, isn't it?
--- 2 ---

While all the kids prayed for snow, only some of them got to enjoy it today.

 

Some of them were not feeling well and ended up having to endure the torment of their brother and sister throwing snowballs at the window while trying to get some rest.  At other times they just looked on mournfully...

 

--- 3 ---

I guess the good news in all of this is that it is going to stay cold for a few days so the snow is in no imminent danger of melting away, which will hopefully allow those who are still coughing a chance to get out and play in it.  I'm convinced that there is no such thing anymore as "normal" weather for an area.  53 and sunny yesterday, 20 and snowy today.  Tomorrow is predicted to be -10 wind chills.  I guess winter had to arrive sooner or later.



--- 4 ---


As much as it feels like an anvil hanging over me all year long, we are again doing our "Dessert of the Month" for the grandparents again.  This time, though, I'm trying something different.  Each child got assigned two months of the year.  I wrote their name on the calendar and it is then their responsibility to pick out and make (with help, if necessary) the dessert for that month.  Here is our first one:
 

It looks delicious, doesn't it?  We usually split the dessert with the four of them; they each get a quarter and we get the other half.  Can't wait to sink my teeth into it!


--- 5 ---

So now that school is underway again for everyone, how is your day going?  Are you feeling stressed already or do you feel like you have a good handle on your day?  If you're feeling stressed, I recommend you hop on over to "A Plan for Joy in the Home" and get some help :)

--- 6 ---

This weekend is our annual Daddy/Daughter Ball.  The girls are all very excited and have been working this week on getting their dresses in order.  This is such a fun evening for the girls and their dad.  I get the privilege of seeing it all because I get to take the pictures.  It really is such a beautiful event.


--- 7 ---

You may remember that last week I had a free giveaway.  I got the stats back earlier this week and over 60 people visited my page on one day to check it out, however only 4 people entered.  As I see it, either something is wrong with the comment function on my blog or people aren't interested in unit studies.  If you'd care to leave a comment to help me figure out which it is, that would be great...although if it is a comment function problem, then I guess you wouldn't be able to leave one, would you?  In which case, how would I discern whether or not people really wanted to help me but just couldn't or no one really cares??  Oh the things that clutter my mind....

Have a great weekend!  

 


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

3 comments:

  1. I viewed the giveaway, but didn't enter because it didn't fit with my current age group of kiddos, I knew we wouldn't have time to do it right now, and I figured if I wasn't going to use it right away, then I shouldn't take away someone else's chance of getting it by entering. =o)

    I am jealous of the snow! At least it finally got cold down here in Houston yesterday. Better than the 70-80 degree temps we've been having this January so far! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i entered and i'm following.

    Ad Jesum per Mariam

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say that only some tiny fraction of viewers actually comments, and I've found that to be very true. As in, the day I hit Freshly Pressed on Word Press, I got over a thousand hits, and around 40 comments. On an ordinary day I get 100-150 hits, and somewhere between five and ten comments. It may be that giveaways follow the same trend?

    ReplyDelete