Friday, January 27, 2012

7 Quick Takes January 27, 2012


--- 1 ---






 As much as I dislike looking at this red blob of stuff moving around in a clear tube, I found myself mesmerized by it while we were praying our rosary the other night.  It was a great thing to focus on while trying to meditate on the mysteries...and believe me, I need all the help I can get.



--- 2 ---

I can't believe that I am already contemplating things to do during and give up for Lent.  There's that kind of love/hate relationship I have with Lent.  While I can't say I look forward to extra sacrifices, it does give that extra motivation I need to stick with something.  So far we're considering taking on something in the dietary realm which would be quite a challenge for most of us.  It's something called "clean eating".  Even the sound of it makes my skin crawl.

--- 3 ---

On the same note - I also found the thought of fresh strawberry paczki's smothered in whip cream running through my mind the other day.
Only 25 more days until I can get one!

--- 4 ---

In case you didn't get a chance to see the trailer for our upcoming production of "The Seven Last Words of Christ", you can go here to take a look at it.  Even if you don't live in our area, the pictures are mesmerizing, so it is worth six minutes of your day!  We'd love to spread the word, too, so feel free to share it with others who you think would appreciate good, Catholic theater.

--- 5 ---

One of my favorite movies and one of my new favorite songs.  We've been playing this over and over again...it, too, is very captivating!

 

--- 6 ---



Doesn't this picture remind you of something out of the 40s (or some earlier time era)?  This is a photo from our Father Daughter Ball a few weeks ago.  I'm finally getting all of the pictures processed and this one just keeps jumping out at me.  Ah, the beauty of innocence.

--- 7 ---

I'm contemplating running a series during Lent here on my blog that would be connected with my book "A Plan for Joy in the Home".  I haven't developed it fully yet, but I'd like to take a day a week discussing each of the chapters.  This way, if you have the book, you can work along with me and emerge at Easter time a much more organized person.  Sound good?  I know...that love/hate thing again.  You'd love to be more organized and have a plan for your day, but you hate the thought of working to get that way.  Well, maybe the "pressure" of Lent and some guidance are what you need.  If you'd like to participate, you can go here to get the book in time to begin.  Remember...only 26 more days till Ash Wednesday!

Have a great weekend.


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog through Conversion Diary and now I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Modest Mama, for stopping by and joining up! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete