Monday, January 2, 2012

An Important Prayer Campaign

Along with our other girls, Ms 15 yo has involved with a Catholic girls' club for quite a few years now.  One of the requirements of this club is that the girls, when they reach a certain number of years of participation, do three major works.

This year, both she and Ms 17 yo are working on their work of Love.  This is how she describes what she is doing:
For my third major work, I am going to begin and facilitate a year long prayer campaign for our country. It will consist of 40 consecutive novenas ending on Christmas Day, 2012, with seven people praying each novena. This is where you come in. I need 280 volunteers to pray ONE novena each sometime during the year.
The prayer that each participant will be praying is the "Powerful Novena in Urgent Need" to the Infant of Prague.  The specific intention that will be stated is:

O Jesus we come before you humbly asking for the return of our country to your Sacred Heart that we might come to know, love and serve you.

If anyone is interested in volunteering for a 9 day spot, please either email me at 

laura@catholic-homeschooling-resources.com

or leave a comment here with your email (which I will not post :) so that she can get back to you and assign you a spot during the year.  I believe she is working on filling up the slots for January and February, but if there is a specific month you would like to pray, just let me know in the email/comment.

I know there are a lot of praying people out there, so please don't hesitate to get in contact with us so you can participate.  You can even sign up your whole family to take spots, as she is looking for 7 people for each 9 day time frame.

Thank you in advance for your generous participation!

 

1 comment:

  1. My fiance and I will do it! February would be better for us. My email is buttercup419@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete