Friday, July 6, 2012

7 Quick Takes July 6, 2012


--- 1 ---

So how was your fourth of July?  Ours was hot and quiet.  The only effort we exerted in this heat was to step outside our door at 9:00 pm to watch, from a distance, the neighboring towns' fireworks.  From our vantage point we could see about five different displays. No crowds, no traffic, no noise.  It worked for everyone.

--- 2 ---

We also did something that we like to do every year and this year it seemed even more important.  We prayed the Patriotic Rosary where every Hail Mary is prayed for a different state.  It is such a nice addition to this powerful devotion.  We also took turns reading the Declaration of Independence.  Funny how history repeats itself.  Change a few names and places and it all sounded so familiar!
 
--- 3 ---

While looking for a book with a copy of the Declaration in it, I came across a book of famous quotes.  These two caught my eye:

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."  Thomas Jefferson, 1781

"It behooves us then to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins and to pray for clemency and forgiveness..." Abraham Lincoln, 1863

  --- 4 ---

On another note, I have my main website with SBI (a really cool way to build a website, if you ask me!).  Well, they just updated their block builder program (which is what us non-savy html people use to build pages) and so I've spent some time using it to build some new pages and convert over some old ones.  They look the same to you, but boy has it been fun for me!  Once I get on a roll, I could build forever. Unfortunately other duties seem to interrupt that roll!  I've done some updating on this section here if you'd like to check it out :)
 
--- 5 ---

Anyone out there know why I can't get my blog to have those new types of comments where you can reply to someone's comment right beneath it?  For that matter, why is it that some people can comment on my blog and others can't? I'll get messages on my facebook wall from people telling me they tried to comment on my blog but couldn't.  I've looked into it but haven't been able to figure it out.  Of course, the person who can answer this probably will be one of those who can't leave a comment! If that's you, try here!
 
--- 6 ---

It has been happening again...those thoughts about the new school year that creep in while I'm trying to get my summer going.  Now catalogs are starting to show up in the mail and grab my attention.  I sit down and start innocently thumbing through them and before I know it I'm daydreaming about school again.  Ugh!  I need more time, really I do.....


--- 7 ---

Kind of a quiet weekend coming up.  Mr 11 yo goes to his first boy's camp this weekend.  Four days with a bunch of kids, some dads and some really great priests.  We're all excited for him.  The younger two are off to a cousin sleepover for the weekend, so I had to ask the older four where they had made plans to go, but they haven't found anywhere yet.  In fact, they are excited to be here in the quiet, too.  Hmm, seems like they should find a place to camp out for a few days so I can enjoy the really, really quiet!  Don't you agree???  Have a great weekend!

 


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!