Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Feast of St. Ignatius

Happy Feast of St. Ignatius!  This is one of the more influential saints in our family.  It was through the Spiritual Exercises that my husband and I, and ultimately our whole family, really took a leap forward in our faith.  

We have each been participating in silent retreats for five years now and our two oldest daughters have also gone on a retreat.  My husband and I each lead a formation group which follows Ignatian spirituality and once a month we meet with the priests of Miles Christi for an Evening of Recollection.  

St. Ignatius is so important to our family that I wrote my first unit study on him and the time in which he lived.  In St. Ignatius and the Renaissance Era, you get to explore the life of St. Ignatius, the virtue of obedience, the printing press, Our Lady of Guadalupe and much more.  You also learn about other important people who lived during that time as well as other saints that were peers of St. Ignatius.

If you would like to find out more about St. Ignatius, just check out his page on my website.  You might also consider going on a silent retreat this year.  You can check out the Spiritual Exercises as preached by the priests of Miles Christi for a life-changing experience.

St. Ignatius, pray for us!