Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Blogging Honor

Thank you to Chris over at Campfires and Cleats for honoring me with this blog award.  The Liebster Award is given to up - and - coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  Liebster is German for "sweetest," "kindest," "nicest," "dearest," "beloved," "valued," "endearing," and "welcoming."  Thanks, Chris for this honor.  Send her some love by visiting her wonderful blog.
Here are the "rules" for The Liebster Award:
1. List 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator has posed for you.
3. Nominate 11 up and coming bloggers who have  less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions to ask the nominees.
5. Go to the page of each nominee  and tell her about her award.

So here are the 11 things about me:

1.  I would love to own and operate a Catholic family campground.  It would be beautiful, big-family friendly (meaning no extra fees for more than 2 kids!) and a great place to enjoy the outdoors!
2.  I'm not particularly fond of exercise but am enjoying the outcome of our P90X stint.
3.  I'm not particularly fond of this clean eating stuff, either.  Bring on the chocolate.
4.  My kids know more about their faith than I did for the first 29 years of my life.
5.  I really wanted to get a tattoo and a leather jacket for my 30th birthday, but more than 15 years later, I'm kinda glad I never did.  Get the tattoo that is.  I'd still like the leather jacket.
6.  My dh and I will be celebrating 25 years of the sacrament of marriage this Spring.  
7.  I'm torn between wanting to go away with just him or go somewhere nice with the whole family.  Good thing we can't do either :)
8.  I'd like to have chickens again.  I miss talking to them..they were such good listeners.  And their eggs tasted good, too.
9.  I love to watch sports in person (not on TV).  Well, all sports except baseball.  I'd rather have teeth pulled than watch baseball.
10.  Now that the kids are older, I enjoy watching good TV series' (we seem to migrate towards the British ones for some reason) with them. 
11.  On that note, I can't wait for Dr. Who to begin again. That new companion might even make me like Matt Smith!

Now I must answer the questions posed by Chris:

1.  I grew up in Northern Illinois, back when it was only moderately corrupt and the crime rate wasn't quite so high.
2.  If I could live anywhere it wouldn't so much be a particular town but it would meet the following requirements:  consist of over 25 acres of partially wooded land with some sort of water source contained on it (ie a lake or river), be in a location where there are four real seasons and have some contour to the land.  Shouldn't be too hard to find :)
3.  My favorite book?  I really don't have favorites of anything because I like so many things!  Really?  Um, how about...I don't know.
4.  Okay so I'll fail this one, too.  Favorite movie?  I like a lot of different movies but off the top of my head "Batman Begins" and "Pride and Prejudice" come to mind.
5.  This one is easy.  The saint who inspires me is St. Ignatius.  He was a genius in all things spiritual.
6.  Hobby?  Who has time for hobbies?  If I spend my time on something other than being a wife, mother and teacher it is on my passion which is photography!
7.  I began my blog because I love to write and I thought this would be the perfect outlet for that desire.
8.  My fairy tale wedding is the one I had because I cannot imagine anything else.  Well, except for when the DJ introduced us as husband and wife and called me by my maiden name and we had to walk down a set of stairs after that but my dress was too wide so my husband had to wait until I got all the way down.  I might change that.
9.  If I could have dinner with anyone it would be Mother Teresa.  Cliche, I know, but I think it would be fascinating.
10.  Definitely Jane Austen over Louisa May Alcott!
11.  Best spot for a relaxing dinner with the family?  With seven children I truly do not believe that such a place exists :)

Now on to the part of this award that almost stopped me from participating; nominating other blogs.  I will admit that as much as I love to blog, rarely do I find much time to read other people's.  I know, it is horrible of me.  Where is the support?  I'm trying to remedy that, but it is a slow process.  All that to say, I don't read 11 blogs with under 200 followers.  Just so I have something in this section, I'll nominate my two daughters who have blogs because, well, they're my daughters, and I know they'll enjoy doing this!



And if there is anyone else who reads here that would love to participate, then I'd love to pass this honor along to you, too!  All you have to do is follow the steps listed above and then answer these 11 questions?

1.  What prayer do you find comfort in?
2.  What is your guardian angels name?
3.  Beef or chicken?
4.  What is your favorite eye color and why?
5.  Describe your dream vacation.
6.  Would you rather live someplace rural or urban and why?
7.  Which season is your favorite?
8.  What is the farthest place you have traveled to?
9.  Would you rather work for someone else or be self-employed?
10. David Tennat or Matt Smith?  (I just couldn't resist!)
11. What do you like to do on a Sunday?

There you have it!  Thanks so much, Chris, for this opportunity.  Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by.  Now off to do the last part of this and that is to notify those two I listed.  "Oh, girlsss..."

God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Can a person smile out loud? Guess so, cause I did, reading this. Especially at "good thing we can't do either," because I UNDERSTAND. And the mental image of you wearing your too-wide dress and your maiden name, on your wedding day, is a smiling thought. :)

    I'm with you on the baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I just received this award from Nancy Shuman, who also got it from Chris. I was hopping over here to see how many followers you had, thinking you'd be a great candidate. Looks like Chris beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I appreciate your nice comments :)

    ReplyDelete