Monday, February 11, 2013

Catholic Woman's Almanac

Moments of Gratitude:

* Even though they didn't win (again) my son's basketball team came close to winning and they played great. It was fun to watch.
* A wonderful Valentine's dinner put together by a club my girls are in (more on that later in the week).
* A quiet day on Sunday topped with a movie with the big kids.
* A decent tax return :)

Beauty in the Ordinary:

I had the opportunity to have a number of hours on Saturday to sit in my room, by myself, and work on my website.  It was very productive!  I find sitting in the rocking chair in my room, which is quite ordinary, to be so peaceful.

In the Kitchen:

Whipped up some awesome cranberry muffins in the kitchen this morning.  Tomorrow the highlight for Fat Tuesday will be ribs in the crock pot and paczki's!!  Then Lent begins and the kitchen becomes a place of repetition and simpliticy.

The Week Ahead:

Lent.  There is nothing more to say.
 

Pondering:

The announcement by the Holy Father and what this will mean for our Church and for the world. 

Praying:

For my 22 year old nephew who just underwent back surgery.  For the Church and the cardinals as they prepare to elect a new Pope, that the Holy Spirit will guide the process. 

Captured:


God Bless!

 

1 comment:

  1. "A Decent Tax Return"...aaaahh! I'm so happy for you! I still need to pull ours together.

    ReplyDelete